I had my last doctors appointment yesterday, Thursday. I am still 2 cm and 50% effaced. I did pretty well this time with weight gain only about 20 lbs. So, I am hoping that it won't take that long to loose the weight. I also will be watching my friend Letitia's daughter Ajaya and her son Demetrius after the baby is born, so I am sure that will help take off some of the weight. I will have a 2 week break before watching kids again. Luckily, their great kids.
The doctor's office called today and said that the hospital will call Monday when there is a bed available. I am so excited, I can't wait. They can call as early at 4-5 am or as late as that afternoon. I don't care, as long as they call. I know that those in active labor go a head of me, but telling a 39 week pregnant woman that, oh sorry you will have to wait till Friday instead won't be good. So lets hope that doesn't happen. I know it would only be a few days longer, but right now that seems like a month. That would also mean I would have to go back to work for three more days. I am ready for my 6 week break.
Mondo has a list of names to call and let know once the baby is born. My mom and mother in law will be there, hopefully, and of course Mondo. Other then that, we will let everyone know once he has been born. We want the girls to come see the baby after I get settled in my room. I know that this has been a long 9 months for them too and they are very excited.
If Katie had her way she would be helping deliver the baby. I made the mistake of bringing Katie with me to an appointment where they were checking me. I didn't realize they were going to check me. First, Katie was not happy about the male doctor seeing me, but then I explained it was okay because he was checking on baby Sean. I also explained that it's only okay if he is a doctor with his nurse in the room. After a few seconds and after explaining to the doctor she would be sure to let her dad know that he saw me, she then decided this meant the baby was coming that day. The doctor was laughing. It probably didn't help that she was telling the doctor that he should not be looking at her mom's bottom. Needless to say, she then decided she too wanted to be down helping the doctor and would like to help the baby come out. So since then, I always make sure the girls go to my friends instead.
I am glad they are excited too. In the beginning that was not the case, but now they are just as anxious to meet their little brother. We have truly been blessed with great kids and I know that they will be close with their brother. I'm sure they will teach him little tricks on how to get away with things. Isn't that what sisters are for?
I will post more once we come home Tuesday or Wednesday.
1 comment:
He's beautiful!!!!
Post a Comment