Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Our little song writer


This month has been very busy. Allison started back to school. So far so good. As of this week she has homework every night and is getting use to that. She will start soccer on Thursday and is looking forward to that. I will post pictures once she starts her games in a few Saturdays. She has been practicing in the back yard. She is very competitive. I hope she just takes time to enjoy it. She is also growing like a weed. Thank goodness for Capri's or all her pants would be to short. It is hard to tell by the picture but she towers over most of the first graders. Her cousin Leo is one year with in a few weeks younger and comes to her shoulders. She doesn't seem to mind being tall. I know I never minded. She says at least she will be able to reach things vs. if she were shorter.


Katie has started a new phase. She loves to dance and make up songs. She does this all day long and then in the middle she will break out with "Everybody dance with me and clap with me" Or "Sing with me". She loves having an audience. If you are not clapping or singing on que with her then she has to start all over. The songs are pretty funny to listen to. Who knows we may have a songwriter on our hand.


She recently received a dance outfit from a family member and is living in it. I think I am going to double the outfit as her Halloween Costume. Add some ears and she can be Minnie Mouse.

As I mentioned before we have a new dog "Mia" (meeah). The girls are loving her. Everyone seemed to be shocked that I would actually get a dog. I never said "NEVER", just that I had a bad experience as a child with a Pit Bull. She has grown on me. Katie and I are home with her all day long so she kind of favors us. She likes to fall asleep on my stomach or lay next to Katie's bed. She is getting the hang of potty training, thankfully. It is nice now that the accidents are to a minimal. I felt like I had a new baby. She loves to go on walks. She is very quick and gets frustrated that she can't walk us any faster. At least it feels like she is walking us vs. the other way around.

Hope all is well with everyone. I will post pictures of Allie and soccer in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Angela and Dave said...

Hey skinny, minnie, I'm talking about you Terri! You look great, so do your girls. And Alexus is strikingly beautiful. I can see Julie in her. Actually, she sort of looks like your daughters. Nice pictures.