Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Princess For A Day

I can hardly believe that this Thursday, on St Patrick's Day, Miss A will be 10 years old. Where does the time go? I remember the first time I saw her and how much love I felt for her, and all of my children. She is growing into quite the young lady. She is 5 feet tall and can now share my shoes (Size 9). She has changed so much over this last year. I'm starting to see the "little kid" go away, and the maturity starting to take place.


She has made some pretty close friends this year. Today, to celebrate her birthday, I took Miss A, and two of her close friends, to have a girls day. She decided she wanted this vs. a large birthday party. It consisted of Pedicures, with Miss A laughing the whole time due to her feet being so ticklish, seeing the movie Gnomeo and Juliet, and dinner at Red Robin. It was neat just to have the few girls and spend time with them. They are all terrific kids. 


No birthday would be complete without a little bit of embarrassment. It reminded me of when Jenny and I were growing up and would try to embarrass the other. Jenny, you would be proud. :) We invited the waiter to come sing happy birthday to her. Well, the waiter and anyone else who passed us. The girls had a fabulous time, and I think it will be a birthday she will remember. Sometimes less is more!

I noticed how much the girls reminded me of myself at their age. She is about the age that Jenny and I were when we met. I think some of the conversations were a repeat of ours. Jenny, your mom would be so embarrassed by the conversation. There were conversations of farts, Justin Bieber, puke and how our van needs an ejection seat. I know, I know, you probably say she gets this from me. No matter, it was still an enjoyable time all in all. 
. 
Miss A, we love you a lot. Remember, God has a plan for you, and no matter what just be the best "You " you can be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy late birthday to Miss A. I cant believe we missed it. Let her know we will do something special when we come. She sure looked like she was having a great time. So beautiful!!!!

Villanueva Family said...

She said thanks. We'll see you soon. Can't wait! She did have a great time.