Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fun on Spring Break

Last week was Spring Break.. Besides seeing our family in Tucson and having a girls day for Miss A's birthday, we also  jammed out at the The Rock of Worship Road Show. Some of our  favorite Christian groups were there, Mercyme and Jars of Clay.   It was a great night of fellowship and singing to God.


The rest of Spring Break we spent with friends and our new favorite place  Wet N Wild water park in Phoenix.   Living in Arizona you know the heat is on its way soon, and it's hard to find things that we can do outdoors without frying.   This year several of my friends and I have decided to purchase water park passes.  Even though it is a 25  min drive to the park, we plan to try and go at least two times a week. Several of us have vans so we can carpool.   It is only March, however we have already hit the 90's at least once.   The kids had a great time.    My all time favorite slide is the Tornado.  I was a little scared to let Miss K try it, even though she was tall enough, for fear she would flip out of the tube.   There's a drop, that I ended up going down backwards, and it is kind of steep.  She had no fear, just mom did.    We took Little Man the second day and he was not feeling the cold water.   He did like the wave pool, until the wave knocked him down (he was wearing a life vest) and he proceeded to let everyone know what he thought about it.   "The waves are RUDE mommy!," he yelled.     I couldn't help but laugh, not sure where he got that one from,  must have listened when I told him it is not nice to be rude to people.

http://www.wetnwildphoenix.com/Rides--and--Attractions/Tornado.htm

Here's a link to the pictures of the Tornado. The drop doesn't look to steep until you're going down it backwards. :)  I'll try and film the girls this summer on it.  So much fun to be had.

3 comments:

Angela and Dave said...

Wow, your blog is great! I haven't been on in a while. What a fantastic family:)

Angela and Dave said...

Swimming in March- only in AZ. Awesome!

Villanueva Family said...

There's a few weekends I can get one person in free and the others $9.99 (well 2 people) I'll email you the dates, maybe in the summer we can work something out for the kids.