Tonight is the first Villanueva Weekly Family Night. I have Mondays off, so Allison asked me this weekend if Monday can be our Family Night. I asked her what she meant by this. She said we all sit around the bible and read bible stories and talk about what is going on with each other. Out of the mouths of babes.
We've always talked about God, read stories at bed, prayed with them etc... but we thought this was a great idea. The girls are really looking forward to it. I feel so blessed to have children that love God and want to learn more about him. Katie is still trying to grasp the concept that something can be true and real, even if you can't see him. Don't get me wrong, she still talks about God, but asks a lot of question of why can't we see him. I welcome the questions because it only helps her faith grow stronger.
I am also blessed that I grew up in a family that knows God. I don't remember a time where my mom and grandparents weren't taking me to church, singing about God, reading bible stories and much more. I know not all people are this lucky. I only hope that our children will feel as blessed.
It seems now a days the world is getting more and more away from God and becoming more worldly. Our children are going to need a strong relationship with God, besides the obvious reason of being saved and eternal life, but to help make good decisions when everyone else is going with the flow.
God has provided so many times through the years, as only he can, and I look forward to see what he has planned in the future for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment