
Ever since I can remember my mom and dad have always bought me flowers on my birthday. Even when I was at college, I still received them. One simple act has meant so much over the years growing up. For the longest time I would not let Mondo buy flowers on my birthday, as this was my parents tradition. Now, I will accept flowers from whom ever wants to give them to me. :)
I started this tradition with the girls too. Mondo thought I was silly buying Allison flowers on her first birthday. "She's only 1," he said, "she won't know if you bought them or not." I'd know though. These are the little memories that mean so much as you grow older.
Thanks mom and dad for the tradition, it has meant so much to me over the years. More then you'll ever know. I always look forward to the delivery. This year it came a day early. It was a nice surprise. It's flowers made up to look like a slice of cake.
Now I have to figure out what tradition I am going to do for Sean every birthday. I guess, I could buy him flowers too. If you have any ideas let me know.
1 comment:
Your Welcome,
Mom
Post a Comment