Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Katie !


Time has flown by so fast. To think, 4 years ago today I was giving birth to Katelynn, or should I say Katie, as she prefers to be called. She told me today she wanted Sean, the baby that is due in a few weeks, to be born today. Her dad and uncle share a birthday and she thought it would be nice to share a birthday with him.

Last night, Saturday, we all went to Chucky Cheese. This is not a normal thing, but I thought it would be fun for them. It was a surprise. OF course, I forgot the camera so we have no pictures.

Today, Sunday, her actual birthday, family came over to enjoy in some cake and celebrate another year. She was very hyper. We have a strict rule that the girls are not to have soda. I know several people who do allow their children to drink it, but we have chosen not to. The only time they are able to have it is once a year on their birthday. Katie is aware of this and was looking forward to it all week. Needless to say, she reinforced my belief they do not need soda. She was bouncing off the walls and being very silly and hyper. Allison, had soda on her birthday, but she says never again. It caused her to throw up last year. Now she might not realize that it probably was not the soda that did this, but the 105 fever she came down with during the party. But, if she wants to stay away from it because she believes that, then I don't think I will correct her. :) Katie opening presents.

We decided this year not to have a big party, with the baby due soon, there is just so much going on. It was actually nice. We had her three cousins over and that was plenty. Allie, Layla, Katie and Alexus.

Katie, you have a great heart and our growing up to be quite a little lady. You have a great since of humor and I love our dance time around the house. Katie, like myself, likes to dance any chance she gets. She also loves to be silly and make up songs. She is a girly girl. She loves to wear dresses, any chance she gets, and to have hair done. Today they were in ponytails, like a cheerleader, as she calls it. I have been very blessed to have great children and they teach me new lessons all the time. I still have not mastered the patience lesson, but I am sure I will have many more chances.

Katie, Happy 4Th Birthday. Keep up your spirit and spunk. We love you.

No comments: