Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Holidays

I hope everyone is having a Happy Holiday season. It's been a while since I posted. We have been very busy. Last weekend my work had their adult party and this weekend the children's party. Mondo was sick for our party this year, which was a bummer, it's the one time a year we get dressed up. The girls were excited to see Santa. Katie couldn't wait to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas. I asked her what she was going to tell him and was reminded that I'm not Santa. I'm guessing she wants something Hannah Montana. She seems to be very popular in our house. They had their face painted, decorated cookies and even had a reptile exibit where you could touch the snakes. It was a blast.
We also went and bought for a Christmas Angel at the mall. Katie didn't quite understand the concept at first. She wanted to know why we were buying gifts for Priscilla, our child's name, instead of her. It took a little while to warm up to the idea of giving to others, but by the end she was helping me pick out an outfit and toys.

We have been enjoying the Christmas music. Phoenix has a station that starts playing Christmas music 24/7 as of Thanksgiving. We've been dancing all over the house. I love this time of year!
We put our tree up this evening. All 4 1/2 feet of it. Unfortunately, Mondo is allergic to the spray on a brand new fake tree and tends to have allergies with real ones. So once again, we have are small tree on top of the coffee table. I'm hoping after Christmas to find a used tree where some of the fire retardant spray has worn off. But for now, we will still enjoy our small one.

Wishing everyone a safe Holiday Season.

1 comment:

Jenny and Kevin said...

Merry Christmas!!!! Miss you, girl. Hugs to the fam.