Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Break Almost Over!

On Monday, August 11Th, Allison will start 2ND grade and Katie will start Preschool 4 days a week. I never thought I would be one of those moms who is so excited for school to start, but I am. We have had a very busy summer and I am ready for my sanity back. OK, with three kids, that might be a while. They are great kids, don't get me wrong, I'm just tired. Like all moms.

In May we were able to have a brief visit with some family and friends. Jenny and her family came down to visit and we were able to FINALLY meet Leo. He is such a cutey. We also had family from California come to visit in May for my baby shower.

June brought a new addition to our family, Sean. We are loving every minute of him and looking forward to watching him grow. He now is smiling, which just melts your heart. Allison has been a big help with the baby and has now started to earn allowance. She earns a few dollars a week for assisting me. As I reminded her, she does not earn money for keeping up her room, as that is her responsibility. However, since the baby has arrived she helps with other areas. Sean will be 2 months on the 9Th and is growing like a weed. He is very long and approx. 11 1/2 lbs. He has his doctor appointment next week. He is looking more and more like his dad. In the beginning there were many sleepless nights, but once we figured out we were starving him he started to sleep. I thought he had colic, but it was just a hungry stomach. Each child is different, so even with your third you learn something new.

In July we were able to take a trip down to Tucson. Matt, my cousin's son, turned 8. It was nice to get away and go up to Mount Lemon, which is an hour from Tucson. As most of you know, we live in Arizona. Yes, most of the time it's a dry heat, but 115 is still hot. In July and August it is not a dry heat, but it is still well over 100. This is our monsoon season. I have come to like this season, as it will be the only rain we get for the whole year. Mount Lemon was heavenly. A mere 67 degrees. I didn't want to leave. Back in Tucson it was over 100.

In August I started watching kids again and went back to my regular job part-time in the evening. I was blessed to have most of the summer off to spend with Sean and the girls. I watch a wonderful girl name Ajaya who will be two in September. Her mom is one of my best friends. This year I also had her brother Demetrius who was visiting for the summer. Luckily, he too is a great kid. He is six. Katie, my 4 year old, had her first crush. Yes Jenny, she is my child. :) Now I know how my parents felt, as I too was one who ALWAYS had crushes.

So as the summer comes to an end we are looking forward to the rest of the year and COOLER weather. Sometime in October it should start to cool off. This means under 90-100. We are hoping, also in October, to make a trip California to visit Charity and her family. Luckily, they only live 5 hours away, so the cousins are able to see each other every few months.

We hope that your summer was a fun one and that the rest of the year is as blessed.

No comments: