Thursday, September 13, 2007

You say it's your birthday!

Thank you everyone for the birthday thoughts and flowers. Even though I had to work on my birthday it was still a good day. The girls picked out an oreo cake, they said it matched my hair. Is that the white (gray) part of my hair or the dark part. I guess it is time to dye it again. :) We don't have any party plans just another year.

Katie wanted to play Vanna and show off the flowers. Mondo bought the roses and the girls gave me a carnation a piece.
This is the flowers my mom, dad and Alexus sent me. They are so pretty. My parents started a tradition when we were little to always send / give us flowers on our birthdays. This is something that has meant a lot over the years and still does. So much so, that when Mondo and I were dating I wouldn't let him give me flowers on my birthday as that was my parents special thing. Once we got married then I thought it was okay. The tradition has now been passed on to our children. I think Mondo thought I was nuts buying the girls flowers on their 1st birthday. I told him it may not mean something now but it will when they get older. Last year Allison was already looking forward to the flowers wanting to guess what kind she was going to receive.

No comments: